The City Clerk is elected by the Board of Aldermen to perform the following duties -
- Prepare agendas for and records the actions of all regular and special meetings of the Board of Aldermen, subcommittees, and commissions
- Keep and preserve the Seal of the City
- Safely and properly preserve all records and public documents not belonging to any other department per the Local Records Retention Schedule authorized by RSMo. Chapter 109 Section 255.
- Be the general accountant of the City
- Administer official oaths
- Provide public information or documents in accordance with the Missouri Sunshine Law
- Serve as the City's Human Relations Coordinator